Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two for the weekend

Firstly, a Maiden's Blush - 2 oz Gin, 3/4 oz lemon juice, 1 tsp Absinthe, 3/4 oz Simple Syrup, a few dashes of Grenadine. The original calls for more syrup but I have learned I prefer my cocktails with less. Nevertheless, it was then too sour for Monika and she added more Grenadine. The Absinthe came through nicely and the overall flavour was nicely balanced.
Then a Home Wrecker - 1 1/2 oz Rye, 1/2 oz Averna, 1/2 oz Elderflower liqueur (homemade), 1/2 oz Lemon Juice. The Elderflower got lost in the powerful Rye flavour, with the lemon and a slight bitterness from the Averna coming through. Very good to end the evening on.
While cooking I'd had a very nice Gimlet (Gin, lime juice and simple syrup) and with the meal a couple of glasses of wine, so I slept very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment