Sunday, June 30, 2013

Shrimp and Sausage Cioppino

Friday, 28th June 2013
I was looking for a bean soup recipe and found this one, which is more of a stew, but really just what I wanted.
Soften chopped fennel, onion and garlic. Then add and brown sausage. I used the pork salsiccia which I often get from the local Italian deli, and I didn't take the skin of, but just chopped it into small chunks. Add some wine and scrape up any bits. Stir in vegetable stock, tomato paste and bay leaf, and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and add shrimp, beans and herbs and seasoning. Cook until the shrimps are done, about 4 or 5 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.
The salsiccia was quite well spiced in itself and I put in a good amount of white Kampot pepper, so this came out quite spicy, but still with an excellent flavour and everything very nicely cooked.
As there are always so many new things to cook, we rarely repeat recipes, but this one could well appear on the table again.

No comments:

Post a Comment