Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tagliatelle with Meatballs



Sunday, 27th February
Courgette Quiche, Olive and Lemon Meatballs with Tomato Sauce with tagliatelli - Ultimate Slow Cooker p68, Nut Cake.  A three course meal for one is a bit extravagant, but I only actually cooked one of the courses.

Sunday shopping day in Lindenthal turned up a new Italian deli where I got some delicious cheese and salami, this very nice slice of quiche and some grilled mushrooms.

Before going out I put the meatballs in tomato sauce in the slow cooker.  This is not something that I would have thought needed slow cooking and, to be honest, I didn't find there was any benefit in the taste.  I had to boil the sauce to reduce it anyway.  A nice recipe, but next time I won't bother with the slow cooker.  I like meatballs but mine always taste a bit bland. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

For dessert, a slice of excellent Torta di Fregoloti nut cake baked by my lovely girlfriend Monika, with a glass of Sauternes. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment